Faculty of Engineering
The Faculty of Engineering was established in November, 2006 as a
statutory requirement of the University. The mandate was to provide
leadership, policy direction and coordinate activities of the various
Departments to enhance teaching and learning, research and community
The school has four Departments:
- Department of Agricultural Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
Mission: The Faculty of Engineering is devoted in providing quality
engineering competencies in the area of Agriculture, Civil,
Electrical/Electronic Engineering to meet the middle level manpower needs
for poverty reduction and national development. With the motto
“knowledge, Application and Service”, we are committed to:
- Provide student with the right knowledge, skills and professional
attitude to cope with the demands of modern technology and
- Motivate staff to undertake action/innovation research by
providing an appropriate environment for teaching and learning.
- Provide stud3ent with adequate entrepreneurial skills for self employment and job creation.
- Establish linkage with relevant industries for staff and student
Vision: To become the best in innovation and excellent in technical
education and training.