Faculty of of Applied Art, Design and General Studies
The Faculty of Applied Art, Design and General Studies (SAADGS) is the
youngest of Four (4) Schools within the institution. The SAADGS came into
being in October 2013. Though still at an infant and challenging stage,
efforts are being made to surmount these challenges to place the school on a
firm stage. There are three departments within the school. These
- Department of Fashion Design and Modelling
- Department of General and Liberal Studies
- Department of Industrial Art
Philosophy: The philosophy of the faculty is striving for creativity,
excellence and self-reliance.
Vision: The faculty vision is to advance knowledge in technical and
vocational skills in the creative art and language industry using appropriate
Mission: To provide technical and scientific quality education, practical and
skill-oriented and industry-linked training to enable students strive for
creativity, excellence and self-reliance.
- To organize annual seminar for small and medium scales creative
art industry in the Region and beyond.
- To continue with the faculty day programme but now with fashion
- To create art tourist gallery site and language hub for the region.
Management of the Faculty